I had a long and lovely chat with Ban Ban Ton Ton about the olden days of clubbing. It’s as extensive as I can make it given my terrible memory and the general haziness of the times!
As part of my ‘It’s Alive’ exhibition at the Book Club London. The splendid Joe Mugford is hosting a fascinating night of discussion and carousing on June 11th. By way of an introduction to some of the themes, we engaged in a wide ranging chat, taking in rituals, robots, raving and academics on pingers.
I have some fancy new press pictures courtesy of the excellent Jake Davis at Hungry Visuals. (Please credit Jake if you use any of them, cheers.x )
I had a chat with Ibiza voice about art, music and the chaos of creation.
I had a chat with Sentire Articoli about all manner of things.
Article is in Italian.
I’m Very Happy to have contributed to the Parabox radio series. I’m on about one hour in, talking about some of the music that has meant a lot to me over the years, and maybe helped me along the way!
1. Grateful Dead – New Potato Caboose
2. Tangerine Dream – Rubycon
3. Dillinger, Trinity, Wayne Wade, Al Campbell and Junior Tamlin,- Five man army
4. Mantronix – Hardcore Hip Hop
5. The Fall – City Hobgoblins
6. Wired – To The Beat of the Drum
7. Massimo Barsotti – Whole lotta love
8. Chubby Checker – Gypsy
9. James Barnett – Keep on talking
10. Chris and Cosey – Hypnotika
11. Vanishing Twin – Vanishing twin Syndrome
12. C.O.B – Spirit of love
The Guardian asked me to pick some records for particular occasions. Harangue the DJ indeed.
I really enjoyed doing this interview with 15 Questions